Agile Marketing: what is it; what are the benefits; links to resources.
Two weeks ago I was pleasantly surprised by the Social Media Club of Seattle (SMCSEA) panel about agile marketing. Going in I had assumed they were using “agile” as an adjective, as in “nimble”, where in fact the panel began talking about my old friend Agile, as in the highly effective team collaboration and product delivery tool from the realm of software development. Although it was news to me—in fact you could have knocked me over with a feather when they said it—it appears some folks have been applying Agile to the work of marketing departments, and these departments (or at least the panel members and their departments) love the results.
The SMCSEA panel:
- Todd Shimizu (moderator), SVP at Ant’s Eye View
- Kevin Scott, director of marketing operations and technical services at Cisco
- Jonathon Colman, internet marketing program manager at REI
- Greg Meyer, whose mission it is to deliver “Customer Wow” at Desk.com
- more about the SMCSEA Agile Marketing event here
What is Agile?
I may take some lumps for going rogue here (or is is “going rouge”—I’m never sure anymore since that spate of Sarah Palin bios came out), but here’s my Continue reading ““Agile Marketing” is not just a buzz phrase, it’s a potent tool”